Trusted Louisiana Family Law Firm
Every family is different, and every family law matter deserves the attention of a lawyer who personally cares about your situation. At the Lafayette offices of Charley Hutchens, Professional Law Corporation, we will take the time to listen to your concerns and help you find realistic solutions for your family law issues. From premarital (prenuptial) agreements to child support enforcement, from adoption to divorce, we can provide the care, concern and legal representation you deserve.
Guidance and Reassurance for You and Your Family
Contact Charley Hutchens
- Family law: Since opening his Louisiana practice in Lafayette in 1980, Lafayette divorce lawyer Charley Hutchens has assisted thousands of clients who have family law concerns. While much of family law centers on divorce, we understand that families face a variety of other legal challenges as well. We are there to help our clients with concerns including paternity disputes, child custody plans and protective orders.
- Divorce: When your marriage comes to an end, you want to make sure all legal issues are handled properly. We can help you with community property division, child custody and child support plans that work for you and your family. We also offer pre-divorce planning to help you understand the many issues pertaining to divorce or property that concern you, such as dating during divorce.
- Military divorce: When a spouse is in the military, there are jurisdictional issues and community property division issues that need to be addressed by an experience military divorce lawyer. We can help you divide military pensions and determine the proper venue for your divorce.
- Child and spousal support: Whether you are establishing a child and spousal support plan or you are seeking child support enforcement or child support modification, we can help you find a solution that meets your needs.
- Grandparents' rights: Our firm can help you understand how to seek visitation if you are a grandparent or other third party interested in maintaining a relationship with a child. It may be difficult, since the court tends to side with the parents, but our firm is fluent in the Louisiana laws that govern grandparents' rights, and we can assist you in pursuing visitation with the child.
- Increase/decrease of child support due to unemployment: If you have been laid off from a job and are unemployed, you may be able to seek a modification in your child support payments due to the lack of income. However, you must go through the courts to secure a modification in order for it to be legal and enforceable. We can review your situation and determine if seeking an increase or decrease in child support is appropriate.
Contact a Louisiana Child Custody Lawyer
Whatever legal challenges you and your family are facing, you need answers to your questions before you take any action. We encourage you to contact us and schedule a consultation as soon as possible. All major credit cards are accepted.
Charley Hutchens, Professional Law Corporation
1704 W University Ave
Lafayette, LA 70506
The use of the Internet for communications with the firm will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.